Microsoft 365 (formely known as Office 365) is a cloud productivity suite sold by Microsoft, however hidden under the cloak of Word, Powerpoint and Excel is a whole world of productive tools and security features which will protect your work and will assist in keeping your business safe. Here are some of the fetures offered by the subscription service:
- Includes Office apps: Stay up to date on any device with the latest versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and more.
- Email and calendaring: Connect with customers and coworkers using Outlook and Exchange.
- Chat, calls, and meetings: Keep your team on the same page with chat, online meetings, and calling in Microsoft Teams.
- Cloud storage: Manage your files from anywhere with 1 TB of OneDrive storage.
- Reduce manual paperwork: Digitise manual and repetitive paper-based forms with Microsoft Forms.
- Captured insights: Create surveys, polls, and questionnaires to gather data and insights from employees and customers.
- Make repetitive tasks easy: Automate everyday business processes with Power Automate.
- Works with the apps you already have: Access all your tools in one place with third-party app integrations in Microsoft Teams.
- Defend against cyberthreats: Protect against viruses, malware, phishing attempts, ransomware, spam, and other threats.
- Keep customer data safe: Protect information from cybercriminals, unauthorized access, and accidental deletion.
- Secure your device: Help keep your data safe, even when accessed on employees’ personal devices.
- Simplified IT management: Easily set up and manage users, devices, and data so you can focus on running your business (We do recomend that you get in touch with us if you are seeking an IT firm to help manage your infrastructure)
How much does Microsoft 365 cost?
It all depends on what you need for your business, Microsoft offer 3 types of licence to get you starter: Microsoft 365 Business Basic, Microsoft 365 Business Standard and Microsoft 365 Business Premium each type of licence offers you different features and the features that they do have in common the higher priced licenses will offer more features within the common features.
At the time of writing this article the prices for the different types of licence are (prices are ex VAT):
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic: £3.80 per user, per month
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard: £9.40 per user, per month
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium: £15.10 per user, per month
Dependant on the quantity of licenses you require we may be able to source cheaper Microsoft licenses for your business as we are partnered with a Microsoft licence distributor.
If you have any questions please do reach out as we enjoy helping out business owners navigate this extensive world of IT.